Well, substitute one problem for another, huh? I finally figured out how to do more then 5 pics in an entry, then I can't figure out how to type underneath some of those pics because the words are coming out blue and underlined, and I can't make it go away without erasing the pic. So I've stopped trying for now, and just didn't type anything under the picture. But right now, you're probably wondering why all the Hastings pictures, right? Well, in honor of them coming (and me being bored) I decided to put some pictures of them on our blog, and on the way, I found some other fun random pics. But I also thought of something else. Did you ever notice that right now, there are more pictures then words? That's kinda crazy. But you can blame it on me, I guess. I am the one posting all of them. (Except for the last 2 entrys. The one of all of us girls wearing masks and the one that just says that 'the Hastings are coming...bye peeps'.) Those definitely weren't me. But others are entitled to a little blogging on here, I suppose. :) Now for the stories behind the pictures. I really should stop showing y'all what happened 2 years ago. It's probably boring y'all. But I get bored and then I think of this, and then I want to show y'all everything. But for the stories. (Focus Alissa!) All of the pictures of the Hastings are self-explanatory. The hiking was way fun! I will remember that for forever, along with Buffalo Creek. Right, guys? It was a blast! I found that picture of Joy on my hunt for pictures, and I decided to include it cause y'all have never seen them. The other one is Cookie, and we don't have many pictures of her, but when she gets back (which I'm hoping is very soon!) I'll get a pic of her on here. Along with one of Tavi. We need one of her on here, too. The picture of Joy, though, was when she was in our garage. She was really lonely, and constantly bleated and got into trouble, so we had to goat-sit her. It was crazy. So she's sitting on top of the ball box in the garage when none of us felt like watching her, but she wouldn't be quiet. And Brutus! He's a cutie and a sweetie. I love him so much! The other day he found 2 mice things, but I don't really know what they were. Because when we got out there, it was hard to define what it was. We were really proud of him, though! He's so cute when we find it. He knows what he did, and expects extra food for it. I love him! He was the first animal we got on our farm. Cleo rolling is fun to watch. I love it when she does. Especially when she's in the backyard. You can get some great pictures! Sometimes you can catch her when she's laying down for a long time. But her favorite part is rolling. I have no doubt that she does it at least once a day. :) The paddle boat, and the one of Claire, my cousin, flying through the air is when we were on family vacation in Galveston with Dad's side of the family. We rented a house (sniff! I think it's gone! sniff!) that had lots of cool little things like a paddle boat, a pool, and every mermaid thing you could think of. (Right, Jenna? haha!) It was really cool. Well, in the paddle boat pic, we, or should I say Kayla and Claire, convinced Grandma to go paddle boating. It was great to watch. And the other one of us 3 and Claire. We had fun doing it, but I got tired fast. That can wear you out! And now, y'all are probably wondering about the human pyramid. Well, it's a long story, and I'll definitely make it longer, cause I add stuff in. But here goes. We went on a mission trip this summer with our youth choir from church. "We" meaning Mom, Erica, and I. It was a lot of fun, and we were there for the 4th of July. But I'll get to that in a minute. So we went to Boston. It was a lot of fun. A blast. And some day (probably not far into the future) I'll devote an entire entry to Boston, but not today. Long story short. The guys that went wanted to make a human pyramid. Really badly. And they had tried lots of times. In one of our performance songs, they even did one involving 6 of them. 3 on bottom, then 2, and 1. It got easier and easier for them. They tried one with 4 on bottom and had a hard time with it, but eventually got it. So then they decide to try 5 on bottom. It was great. You can't tell, but there are about 40 people watching along with the person who took this picture. Probably everyone who went to Boston was watching. They tried the first time, and fell. Then they decide to try again, and they get it. The guy on top was probably up there for about 4 seconds. Maybe 5 if you push it. But closer to 3 or 4 seconds. Not very long. But it was still cool. And since this entry was supposed to be about the Hastings, I'll finish with a word about them. I love them, and they're coming for Thanksgiving, and they'll be here in 5 days. I can't wait. I'm way excited!!! I'm giddy with excitement! We're going to have so much fun! :)
Welcome to our ranch - Alydar Stables. It includes our family of 5 plus 4 dogs, our barn cat - Brutus, our quarter horse mare - Cleopatra, Kayla's Shorthorn show heifer, 2 lambs; and 42 chickens. We love growing, learning, & glorifying God! Come join us.
Friday, November 21, 2008
In Honor of the Hastings. :)
Well, substitute one problem for another, huh? I finally figured out how to do more then 5 pics in an entry, then I can't figure out how to type underneath some of those pics because the words are coming out blue and underlined, and I can't make it go away without erasing the pic. So I've stopped trying for now, and just didn't type anything under the picture. But right now, you're probably wondering why all the Hastings pictures, right? Well, in honor of them coming (and me being bored) I decided to put some pictures of them on our blog, and on the way, I found some other fun random pics. But I also thought of something else. Did you ever notice that right now, there are more pictures then words? That's kinda crazy. But you can blame it on me, I guess. I am the one posting all of them. (Except for the last 2 entrys. The one of all of us girls wearing masks and the one that just says that 'the Hastings are coming...bye peeps'.) Those definitely weren't me. But others are entitled to a little blogging on here, I suppose. :) Now for the stories behind the pictures. I really should stop showing y'all what happened 2 years ago. It's probably boring y'all. But I get bored and then I think of this, and then I want to show y'all everything. But for the stories. (Focus Alissa!) All of the pictures of the Hastings are self-explanatory. The hiking was way fun! I will remember that for forever, along with Buffalo Creek. Right, guys? It was a blast! I found that picture of Joy on my hunt for pictures, and I decided to include it cause y'all have never seen them. The other one is Cookie, and we don't have many pictures of her, but when she gets back (which I'm hoping is very soon!) I'll get a pic of her on here. Along with one of Tavi. We need one of her on here, too. The picture of Joy, though, was when she was in our garage. She was really lonely, and constantly bleated and got into trouble, so we had to goat-sit her. It was crazy. So she's sitting on top of the ball box in the garage when none of us felt like watching her, but she wouldn't be quiet. And Brutus! He's a cutie and a sweetie. I love him so much! The other day he found 2 mice things, but I don't really know what they were. Because when we got out there, it was hard to define what it was. We were really proud of him, though! He's so cute when we find it. He knows what he did, and expects extra food for it. I love him! He was the first animal we got on our farm. Cleo rolling is fun to watch. I love it when she does. Especially when she's in the backyard. You can get some great pictures! Sometimes you can catch her when she's laying down for a long time. But her favorite part is rolling. I have no doubt that she does it at least once a day. :) The paddle boat, and the one of Claire, my cousin, flying through the air is when we were on family vacation in Galveston with Dad's side of the family. We rented a house (sniff! I think it's gone! sniff!) that had lots of cool little things like a paddle boat, a pool, and every mermaid thing you could think of. (Right, Jenna? haha!) It was really cool. Well, in the paddle boat pic, we, or should I say Kayla and Claire, convinced Grandma to go paddle boating. It was great to watch. And the other one of us 3 and Claire. We had fun doing it, but I got tired fast. That can wear you out! And now, y'all are probably wondering about the human pyramid. Well, it's a long story, and I'll definitely make it longer, cause I add stuff in. But here goes. We went on a mission trip this summer with our youth choir from church. "We" meaning Mom, Erica, and I. It was a lot of fun, and we were there for the 4th of July. But I'll get to that in a minute. So we went to Boston. It was a lot of fun. A blast. And some day (probably not far into the future) I'll devote an entire entry to Boston, but not today. Long story short. The guys that went wanted to make a human pyramid. Really badly. And they had tried lots of times. In one of our performance songs, they even did one involving 6 of them. 3 on bottom, then 2, and 1. It got easier and easier for them. They tried one with 4 on bottom and had a hard time with it, but eventually got it. So then they decide to try 5 on bottom. It was great. You can't tell, but there are about 40 people watching along with the person who took this picture. Probably everyone who went to Boston was watching. They tried the first time, and fell. Then they decide to try again, and they get it. The guy on top was probably up there for about 4 seconds. Maybe 5 if you push it. But closer to 3 or 4 seconds. Not very long. But it was still cool. And since this entry was supposed to be about the Hastings, I'll finish with a word about them. I love them, and they're coming for Thanksgiving, and they'll be here in 5 days. I can't wait. I'm way excited!!! I'm giddy with excitement! We're going to have so much fun! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment