Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Animals and a yummy cake

This is a pic I took of myself on Photo Booth
This is the yummy cake Mom made that fell apart. Story below.
This is a picture of our tom, his name is Sawyer :), puffing up like a real tom. He's on the right.
Another picture of my beautiful dog. :)
This is Nancy Grace and her chicks.




Hey everybody! This is...well, you know who. Well, I'll start from the top. The pic of me is from today. I'll get a good pic of Erica and Kayla and Mom and Dad. Ohh! I just thought of something. We just took some pics of the family on Sunday, but we didn't get very far. Nobody wanted to take pictures, then the battery on the camera kept dying, but we got a good one. When I'm done with this post, (cause I can only do 5 pics at a time... blogspot rules) I'll post the other pics. Now for the story about the cake. Dad was going to have a Thanksgiving lunch at work today, so yesterday, Mom made him a chocolate pound cake. She worked really hard making it. Mom left, and told Erica and me (I know. Smart, right? Never leave cooking up to us!) to get it out of the oven when the timer went off. We were in a rush to walk the dogs and said ok. Well, we rush the walk and get back home with 2 minutes to spare. It smelled really good, but we remembered what Mom had told us, and waited till the timer went off. (All you cookers out there can see what's coming!) Well, as you know, we were supposed to get it out then, cause it was done, but in our rush to leave with the dogs, Erica and I didn't get all the instructions. Well, Mom got home, and said, "Uh oh! That cake smelled burned! Did y'all take it out on time?" We assured her that we took it out the minute that the timer went off. She said, "Well, didn't it smell done when y'all got home?" We said yes, but we waited for the timer to go off. She freaks (cause this cake was a lot of work) and tries to get it out of the pan. It was fully cooled off at this time. Well, in her attempt, it breaks in the pan. She gets upset and calls Dad, and they decide to cut it before they leave, no big deal. Well, Dad takes it out when he gets home, and the top doesn't come with it. You can look at the pic again. It completely fell apart. But, let me tell you, I'm so glad it did! That cake is so good!! Now for Sawyer. The turkeys are really funny. When it starts to get dark or they get tired, the roost. Their choice this time, and most of the time, was our backyard fence. Sawyer puffed all up because Philly and Grace were barking at them, and Kayla snapped a pic of them. The hen on the left, Turkey Lurkey, thinks she's a tom, I'm pretty sure. She tries to gobble like Sawyer sometimes, and she puffs all up like him, and she's mean like him. But the sweet hen, Henny Penny, knows she's a hen, and she's my favorite. She hasn't scratched me like the other two, and she doesn't act like a tom. The pic of Philly was taken at the same time that the pic of Nancy Grace and her little chicks was. She is such a sweet mom to them. She used to have 5, but we gave 3 of them away. So now she has 2. They are about 6 or 7 weeks, by my estimation; and they're getting adventuresome, without getting big, if you know what I mean. They can squeeze through the bottom of the fence into Kayla's garden. Nancy Grace, being the mom that she is, flies over the top to be with them. No matter how many times we put them back in their coop, they get out again, so we let them run around out there for most of the day. They are so cute. And Nancy is unusually large because when people come around, she puffs all up and clucks. It's pretty funny. Mom just called this a book, so I'll go now. I'm gonna post the pics of the family, and any other random pic I might find. Who knows? Adios for now, or ciao. hehe.

No comments: