Welcome to our ranch - Alydar Stables. It includes our family of 5 plus 4 dogs, our barn cat - Brutus, our quarter horse mare - Cleopatra, Kayla's Shorthorn show heifer, 2 lambs; and 42 chickens. We love growing, learning, & glorifying God! Come join us.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Some of the Michigan pics
Happy New Year!! Here's half of the MI entry. Kayla tried to sled like we did when we were young, but she was just to heavy. I tried pulling her a little, but it didn't work at all. In the pic, she's trying to do it herself, but she's stuck. It was funny! :) There was a lot of snow! About 3 feet. It was beautiful, and it snowed almost every day! I loved it. Erica was quite the photographer on the trip. She went out and took a lot of pictures, so I'll try to put some on here when I post the Christmas pics. Skiing was so much fun!! It was also freezing! It was around 20 when we went, and it was snowing and very windy. But it was fun! We went inside and drank hot cocoa a lot! We also tried some harder slopes then we did last time. They were pretty scary, but Dad, Erica, and Kayla were the experts! It was Mom's first time skiing!! She picked it up really well, and did good. She kept up with us, and enjoyed herself. The hardest part for her, I think, was getting off the ski lift. :) The reason there aren't more pics of us is because we didn't take any more. We were all so busy skiing, we forgot. And on Christmas Eve, we all made a gingerbread house. It was fun to glue together and put stuff on it! But it didn't taste very good. And later that night, we watched the movie, "We're No Angels". This movie is hilarious!! And I think that's everything for now. I'll try to put the Christmas and snow pics on here tomorrow. Oh, Dad and Mom are on date night right now! We're going to watch Nancy Drew when I'm done cleaning the kitchen. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish we could have a white Christmas someday. Looks like you guys had a good trip. That's one of the nice things about having family out of state is to be able to take road trips to see them. :) And we will take one to see you guys eventually.....mark my words. ;)
Looking forward to that trip! I would still love to bring our family to your place someday also. Life is so short.
Post a Comment