Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Birthday, animals, etc...

Dad blowing out the candles on his cake.

Dad eating his cake. :)

One of our Easter pictures. It was terrible outside, which is why we took them inside, but not very many turned out well. This is the only good one. At least I think so.

My presents from Jaja and Grandma. A lot of it was for my hope chest.

The ring Mom and Dad gave me. We all get one on our 16th birthday

Me blowing out my candles. I had the best cake (cream cheese pound cake) ever, too!

Kayla's present from the Hastings. She really loved it! I wanted to include the pic of her when she saw what it was, but I didn't have room.

One of the presents from Jaja and Grandma to Kayla. It's really cool! They wanted a group pic because they were leaving the next morning.

A cute picture... don't you think so?

Erica and I got Kayla Prince Caspian for her birthday


Well, lots has happened. It doesn't seem like a lot when I write it all down, but it's been busy. Dad, Kayla, and I had our birthdays. They were all great! I got a wonderful collection of letters, from so very wonderful women, so thank you!! It means so much to me! I love them all, and you will never know just how much they have helped me. I also got a great book from the Hastings, but I didn't add a picture because the book glared from the flash. Thank you Hastings! It was great! Mom wants me to add a close up picture of my ring, so I may do that later, but I may not. I don't know. Easter was good, too. We had a yummy meal, and I thought Erica's dress was beautiful. I really like it on her. :) Along with all the birthdays, we also had some changes around the farm. We no longer have the turkeys, or the black steer. The turkeys got too mean. And the steer.... well, we couldn't keep him. We took Tavi to our friends house to get bred, again, along with the goats. So I guess he got a little lonely. He jumped our pasture fence, and ran down the street, about 2 miles down. The cops came and told us where he was, then we had to get a stock warden to come get him for us (the trailer was at the friends house). It took us 3 hours to catch him. So then we put him in the backyard. He kept pacing and pacing. Finally, when I was gone babysitting, he jumped the backyard fence. It's a 5 ft tall hurricane fence. We don't have a higher or more secure fence, so we had to get rid of him. On the brighter side, Nancy Grace had some chicks hatch! Only 2, but we bought 6 more and gave them to her. So she had 8 of them. She now only has 6. But they are growing up fast. And Kayla wanted another rooster, because Macho is just too busy with all those hens, so she wanted 2. She got a little 2 month old rooster, and he's terrified still. But he'll get better. I think that's about it.

No comments: