Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pictures, a birthday, and prayers

Pretty picture of Cleo in the backyard

Another

Beautiful Philly! I love her!

Cute Pixie

KK riding Cleo-girl

Me trying to stop Cleo

The wind is blowing me over.


Tonight was very cool. For those of you who don't know, yesterday was Erica's birthday. Yesterday was also the day when Erica got cellulitus. And the worse she has ever had it before. Her temperature was 102.5; her average is about 96.5. Her leg was swollen, very hot, and and red all the way down to her toes. Needless to say, it wasn't very much of a birthday. She didn't get to have her favorite dinner, and she was sick all night. This morning she didn't go to church, and literally almost everyone prayed for her. She was feeling much better today and she opened her presents, but that was all we had time for. (I'll show y'all pics of that later.) Tonight at church, someone, a teenager, was asked to come pray for the youth. No one was picked out, Pastor just said, whoever feels called. A young man came to pray. He prayed for all the teenagers (the sermon was focused on them) and then he prayed for Erica. It was very touching. I can't describe how glad I am that he remembered my sister and prayed for her. There are no words for the gratefulness I felt. Many people came up after and said they were praying for her, and lots of sweet gestures of kindness were done for her. We were all very thankful. As for the pictures, there isn't much to say. It's just your average Saturday pictures.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Erica! I am glad you are feeling better. It's wonderful to hear of a devoted church family that is praying for you. We will be too. :)

Thanks for all the updates Alissa. Blogging is definately your thing. ;)

The Hag family said...

Thanks Jenny! We are so very thankful for our church family - they are the BEST!

The Hag family said...

Thanks Jenny! We are so very thankful for our church family - they are the BEST!