Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Aggie!

Thursday night we were out looking at all the animals, just for fun. Erica saw that Freckles's (our longhorn) udder looked big. So we all wonder, what if she is? And how long till she has the calf is she really is pregnant? Sunday night, Kayla goes out to investigate, and Freckles has halfway had the calf already! A half hour later, Aggie was born.

Before I go any further with the story, the name Aggie needs to explained. I thought of it because she's a longhorn. For all you Texas or football people, us longhorns don't like the aggies. So I thought I would make fun of them by saying even Aggies are longhorns. :) What do ya think?

Now to continue. Aggie was up within an hour, (typical for calves and foals) nursing and walking. She can walk the entire pasture, and was frolicking this morning. :) She is a very happy calf. Aggie looks a lot like her mom, but a cuter version. She was a wonderful surprise. :)


















2 comments:

Kade said...

Are you kidding me!?!

Erica and I decided it was going to be named General Stirling Price!!

Kole said...

I like pic two and four! Great photography