Saturday, March 27, 2010

Enchanted Rock!

So Kayla and I went to Enchanted Rock over our Spring Break. It's in Fredericksburg, TX, is absolutely beautiful, and I recommend that everyone go! It's super duper fun! You can climb rocks, hike, camp, and repel if you know the right people. :) Kayla and I did. Our youth minister does this every year, so he helped us.

We repelled all that morning (There were 10 of us total, so we had to wait our turn). We went off the shorter one early, then we went up to the higher one. The higher one was 75 ft. We probably finished around 2. Then after lunch, we went hiking and rock climbing. It totally rocked! Haha :) We walked around on the ground for a while, then went up some small rocks. Then we went up a 2.5 mile rock. Can you say sore? Gosh was I ever. But it was totally worth it! :D The view was gorgeous, and it was funnnn! :) Y'all really do need to go!


One of our views!

Kayla and me before she goes down the hatch.

Going down the hole. :)


Kayla coming down!

This is what we repelled down. The crevice beneath is as deep as this rock is tall.

Sneak peak on Kayla's calf! :D Post on her coming soon. Heehee


Kayla got her calf on Tuesday night. It's super cute! And really sweet. She's a shorthorn, for all you smart people out there who know what I'm talking about. Haha two months ago I wouldn't have known what that meant. But more pics of Kayla and cutie later. :)

P.S. The calf's unofficial name is Alexandria, but we keep debating over whether we like the name or not, so it's subject to change. :)

No comments: